top of page
Crime Scene Tape

The following is a list of documents and what to do if they have been stolen:

  • Bank Cards: Phone your bank immediately.  Banks phone numbers can be found online or in the yellow pages.
  • Cheques:  Notify your bank immediately.

  • Credit Cards:  You will need your birth date, address and account password to cancel a credit card.  Contact your financial institution that issued the card.  If a store or gas/oil company card needs to be cancelled, contact the store or dealer directly.  Refer to a past bill for the account number and cancellation number.

  • Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan: Call 310-0000 and ask for 780-427-1432.

  • Alberta Blue Cross:  Call 1-800-661-6995.

  • Driver’s License:  Go to the nearest office that handles Motor Vehicles Registration.  Notify them that your driver’s license has been stolen so they can cancel previous number.  Ask for a new driver’s license.  You will need to provide identification, such as a passport or Provincial Identification Card.

  • Birth Certificate:  You must fill out an application at an office that handles Vital Statistics Registration to receive a new one.

  • Social Insurance Number:  Call 1-800-622-6232 and ask for Social Insurance Information.

  • Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security:  Call 1-800-277-9914.

  • Passport: Call the Passport Program at 1-800-567-6868 to report the circumstances of the loss or theft.​

Identity Theft

RCMP site

bottom of page